Reformed
Welcome back!
Reformed
Welcome back!
Reformed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semper Activus

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Reformed!

Removal of the "Other" Section?

Go down 
+2
Svennetony
ShadxStyle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadxStyle
ShadxStyle

Removal of the "Other" Section? Empty
PostSubject: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:46 pm

This section was in existence for approximately two seconds but was removed soon after.
Why? I think it's a great idea where we can just have off-topic discussions.

Also, where would we post gifs?
They're not exactly videos, but not exactly pictures either.
Why not just combine pictures and videos into a big section for media in general?
Back to top Go down
Svennetony
Admin
Svennetony

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

ShadxStyle wrote:
This section was in existence for approximately two seconds but was removed soon after.

Why not just combine pictures and videos into a big section for media in general?
The "Other" thread was meant to be the Multimedia category, but there was a mistake. gifs are considered picture files.

The reason why there is no "General Discussion" forum is because some people in the alliance agreed that having a GD forum would kill the alliance chat in-game.
Back to top Go down
https://reformed.forumotion.com
ShadxStyle
ShadxStyle

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Svennetony wrote:
ShadxStyle wrote:

The "Other" thread was meant to be the Multimedia category, but there was a mistake. gifs are considered picture files.

The reason why there is no "General Discussion" forum is because some people in the alliance agreed that having a GD forum would kill the alliance chat in-game.

Oh yeah, thanks.
Embarrassingly, I think I was in that conversation. whoops.
Back to top Go down
MsBooglie
Fancy & Rich
MsBooglie

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 am

Svennetony wrote:
ShadxStyle wrote:

Not necessarily, I thought off-topic is a great add. Sometime in alliance chat it's kinda hard to start a topic or invite someone to conversations. Besides, going on maple just to chat is hard, for example people aren't on.
Although, it may potential kill the alliance chat, but what if people aren't on? Alliance chat mostly consists selling items, flaming other users, or other 'moment' topics. As to off-topic section, you can post anything at any given moment, discussions are always open, and anyone can join in the conversations at any given time.
Sadly, I wasn't there for the GD conversations, just thought it was a great add Smile.

Last edited by MsBooglie on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MsLooglie
Middle Class
MsLooglie

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:06 am

MsBooglie wrote:
Svennetony wrote:
ShadxStyle wrote:

Not necessarily, I thought off-topic is a great add. Sometime in alliance chat it's kinda hard to start a topic or invite someone to conversations. Besides, going on maple just to chat is hard, for example sometimes people aren't on. Although, it may potential kill the alliance chat, but what if people aren't on? Alliance chat mostly consists selling items, flaming other users, or other 'moment' topics. As to off-topic section, you can post anything at any given moment, discussions are always open, and anyone can join in the conversations at any given time.
Sadly, I wasn't there for the GD conversations, just thought it was a great add Smile.

Yeah, I agree with MsBooglie. I personally hardly use alliance chat, there's to much going on maple @-@ (buddy chat, whispers, party and all of these lovely stuff ....) so I hardly pay attention to alliance chat and would miss 80% of the dissucsion x-x. I think the "off topic" kinda thing would be a great add too! :]
Back to top Go down
BaMModel
BaMModel

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 am

Sorry but I didn't read any of that.
Back to top Go down
KayTae
Fancy Living
KayTae

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 10:20 pm

I like the idea of a miscellaneous/chat section Smile It'd be cool to talk about stuff outside of Maplestory Razz
Back to top Go down
MsBooglie
Fancy & Rich
MsBooglie

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:53 pm

KayTae wrote:
I like the idea of a miscellaneous/chat section Smile It'd be cool to talk about stuff outside of Maplestory Razz
I coudn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removal of the "Other" Section?   Removal of the "Other" Section? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removal of the "Other" Section?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reformed :: Important Stuff :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: